At the very centre of London’s clubbing DNA is Fabric. The UK institution remains a beacon of hope and inspiration for other venues around the country and capital – with a music policy that taps up newcomers and legends alike. Having avoided potential closure in 2016 and now celebrating its 20th year in operation, two new V/A’s are on their way featuring contributions from some of the clubs esteemed guests.
Split into FABRICLIVE and fabric, reflecting the Friday and Saturday club nights, the compilations release in December with FABRICLIVE portraying a typically bassier aesthetic, and fabric occupying house and techno territory. Featuring artists include Nina Kraviz, Shackleton, Call Super, J Majik as well as Hyp favourite Special Request.
Along with this announcement Fabric have made FABRICLIVE D2 from James Lavelle aka UNKLE available to stream now. Check it out in all its cinematic glory below.
01. Nina Kraviz – Da
02. Steffi – Ankertje
03. IMOGEN – Bizant
04. Marcel Dettmann – Taste 2.0
05. Cassy – Joey
06. Anastasia Kristensen – Go Getter
07. Margaret Dygas – Zeitgeist
08. Call Super – Echothread
09. Maya Jane Coles – Reason
10. Sasha – Comet Chaser
01. Special Request – Codename Turbo Nutter
02. Source Direct – Vigilante
03. J. Majik – The Lost Tribe
04. Shackleton – Drawn and Quartered
05. Pinch & Trim – That Wasn’t It
06. Daniel Avery – Whilst We’ve Got Metal In Our Blood
07. Mantra – Embers
08. B.Traits – Mameya
09. Groove Armada – Wesley Nightshade
10. UNKLE – Catch Me When I Fall (fabric Club Mix)
Fabric Records will release 20 Years of Fabric on 6th December 2019.