Both French and Taiwanese, DJ, promoter and all round party starter Louise Chen’s obsession with music goes all the way back to the DIY mixtapes she used to make for her family in Taiwan.
Having found home in London, New York, Luxemberg over the years, she now resides mostly in her home city of Paris, where she once led the Girls Girls Girls and Chentertainment parties, known for inviting acts like Kelela, Mykki Blanco, Sampha, Ikonika and Lil Silva to spin.
Chen remains as busy as ever, regularly making noise on both NTS Radio and Rinse France alongside a hefty touring schedule that recently saw her soundtrack a brand launch for Victoria Beckham and Reebok. She also just appeared on Moxie’s On Loop artist series, making her production debut with the bold and bouncy ‘Reach‘ riddim.
Welcoming her to our mix series, Chen’s bag comes packed with club-ready business, easing her way through disco, soul and sensual house flavours that come via Skymark, Mr. G, Girls Of The Internet, Tenderlonious and more.
1. Pedro – Faces Sob O Sol
2. The Whole Truth – It’s Just…
3. Skymark – Facing The Truth (Instrumental)
4. Mr. Wigg & Co. – You’ve Got A Lot Of Living
5. Phillip Wright – Keep Her Happy
6. Sophisticated Ladies – If This Ain’t Really Love (Original Mix)
7. First Choice – Pressure Point (Tony Humphries New Celsius Mix)
8. Mr. G – Praise
9. Cassy & Demuir – Please Me (Broken Vibes Mix)
10. Kez YM – Console Swing
11. Joe Cleen – The Fun Part
12. Mangabey – Try To Chill
13. Laroye – The Trickster
14. 2 House – Go Techno (Joeski Vocal Edit)
15. Galaxy Lane – Take Off (Original Mix)
16. Viola Klein – Reprise AoUFC
17. Girls Of The Internet – Fondness Makes The Heart Grow Absent (Dub)
18. Liem, Eddie Ness – STgsFF
19. Nick Léon – Pelican Dub
20. L-R – Where Them Lights Are
21. Robert Owens & Andrew Soul – Slippin’ Into Darkness (Original Mix)
22. Tenderlonious – In A Sentimental Mood
Featured Images: Sean Wang Gaffney