DJ collective and community Rhythm Sister are a creative platform with a purpose, dedicated to the promotion and inclusion of women, non binary and LGBTQ selectors and artists, working to fight the under-representation of these groups in dance music and DJ culture and to inspire others to do the same.
Hosting events in London, Bristol and Brighton, previous Rhythm Sister parties have seen the likes of Or:la, Mike Servito, Debonair & Donna Leake invited to spin whilst they also do panels, DJ workshops for women and non binary, and have teamed up with Secretsundaze studios & CDR to teach production.
Ahead of their performance at Bristol’s Love Saves The Day on the closing bank holiday of May, we invited Rhythm Sister to take part in our mix series. Hear in full below, along with a few words from the crew themselves…
“Selected by Rhythm Sister, mixed and recorded by Jess Farley. Jess used to live in Greece & Hemlin is Greek Cypriot, in the introduction of the mix there’s a Greek feminist dialogue. Music wise there’s lots of drums, breaks, garage, with a bit of UK edge to it. The type of tunes you might hear us play in the club.”
1.Terrekke – Arrpfaded
2. Sports Casual – Interplanetary Jazz (DJ Fett Burger Mix)
3. Toma Kami – Soil (Forthcoming on Banoffee Pies Records)
4. Steevio – Daze
5. How Du – Testing
6. Confetti Dubs No. 5
7. Leif – Contentment
8. Pursuit of Pleasure – Seekers
9. Yakine – Cylonic
10. Aux 88 – Aux Express (DJ K-1 Beat Mix)
11. The Egyptian Lover – Freaky Deaky (Dub Mix)
12. Syracuse & Epsilove – Scubatomic Love
13. Genaside II – Sirens of Acre Lane
14. Man Machine – Animal (Primeval interface)
15. No Smoke – Koro Koro
16. 95 North – Forever Underground [Ambient Mix] 17. ‘D.E.A Project’ white label
18. Beta Librae – Buu
19. Matt Antonio – Closer
Catch Rhythm Sister at Love Saves The Day on May 26-27.
More info and tickets available here.