Spend some time getting to know the ropes by interning at our London office.
We’re looking for a bright young person who is able to commit to a minimum of 2 days a week for the next 3 months. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and good knowledge of the music covered on Hyponik.
The internship will mainly cover editorial activity and social media, but will also touch on digital marketing and event promotion.
This role is ideal for either a recent graduate or student, and will be unpaid with expenses covered – there will be numerous opportunities to attend music events and festivals during the internship.
The successful applicant will gain invaluable industry knowledge, new skills, and the opportunity to build relationships with promoters, artists, PR companies, record labels and venues.
– Pitching ideas for and producing original content
– Searching for archive video content
– Assisting with editing and proofreading
– Management of WordPress
– Assisting with social media
– Assisting with promotion of events
Our ideal candidate will have:
– Proven writing ability
– An interest in, and good knowledge of the music covered on the site
– An ability to seek interesting archive footage to be reused as content
– Desire to learn more about the music and media industry
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Be comfortable using Microsoft Office
– A willingness to test themselves by trying new things
– Experience with Photoshop or other editing/design software is ideal but by no means essential
– Experience with WordPress or another CMS is ideal but by no means essential
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, then pleased send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org only with your CV, a review of a record released in the last 3 months or so (300 words max) and the names of your 5 favourite albums from the last 12 months.
Due to the high volume of emails we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This posting will remain live until we have filled the position.