We have an internship vacancy at our office in East London.
We’re looking for someone to come and help us take Hyponik.com to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be passionate about and have good knowledge of electronic music. The role will mainly cover editorial and social media activity, but will also touch on digital marketing and event management. This role will be unpaid – with travel expenses covered – however, the successful applicant will gain invaluable industry knowledge and contacts, and also the opportunity to network with promoters, artists, record labels, press agencies, designers and many more creative types.
– Sourcing editorial content
– Pitching ideas for, and producing original content
– Editing and proofreading
– Assisting on management of CMS (Content Management System)
– Working with social media co-ordinator to manage scheduling of posts for daily content programming across social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – as well as managing Mixcloud and Soundcloud accounts
– Assist in measuring impact of social media efforts through relevant monitoring tools and reporting
– Assisting on digital marketing activities
– Assisting on organisation of events
Our ideal candidate will:
– Have journalistic writing experience
– An interest in, and good knowledge of the music covered on the site
– A passion to learn more about the music and media industry
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, but also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction
– Be comfortable using Excel, Powerpoint and MS Word
– Have own laptop
– A willingness to test themselves by trying new things
– Experience with Photoshop or other editing/design software is ideal but not essential.
– Experience with WordPress or other CMS system is ideal but not essential.
We’re looking for someone who is able to commit to 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months. If this sounds like something you, or someone you know, may be interested in, then email us with your CV, examples of your written work, and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Hyponik Internship 2014” as the subject heading.
The deadline for application is Friday 28th February, due to the high volume of emails we receive only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.