Jack Adams is the latest selector to take the reins of the prestigious series.
After defining the zeitgeist of Bass, Grime and everything in between with a monster 2014, its very much a case of onwards and upwards for Mumdance as we ease into the new year. Him and frequent collaborator Novelist have already dropped another batch of anthems with the ‘Shook’ EP out this week on XL, whilst he and Logos are set to drop their club focused collection ‘Proto’ on Pinch’s Tectonic imprint next month.
The latest high profile addition to his discography meanwhile, comes with the news that he is to helm the 80th edition of the long running FABRICLIVE series. Released 16th March and featuring dubs from Untold, Acre, Pinch and Innke, ‘FABRICLIVE 80‘ also contains several solo tracks from Adams as well as a trio of collaborations between himself and Logos. Rather eye-catchingly VIP’s of his Novelist’s ‘Take Time’ and ‘Shook’ appear, with the former featuring Riko Dan.
Describing his approach to putting together the mix Adams said, “I wanted my FABRICLIVE mix to represent what I would play in fabric and also what you might hear on my Rinse FM show, essentially collecting as many of my favourite producers into one place and presenting it a coherent manner. I wanted to reflect my past and present, as well as peering into the future. I’ve made a conscious decision to focus on interesting rhythms and drum arrangements, moving away from more conventional 4×4 drum patterns.”
He added, “Although some of the selection might be challenging in places for some listeners, in my own personal experience it’s not the most immediate music which has the greatest longevity, it’s the music which you really have to build a relationship with before you get the most out of it which ends up being closest to your heart. Overall I wanted this to be a mix which people would return to.”
The launch party for ‘FABRICLIVE 80’ will take place 10th April in the club’s Room 2, with Mumdance appearing alongside Logos, Pinch, Novelist and Riko Dan. Also joining is veteran selector Randall, who plays a special 1990-92 Hardcore set, as well as Different Circles residents CJ Yaxley and Temple – who play b2b. Tickets for the night can be bought here.
01. Shapednoise – Travels In The Universe Of The Soul [unreleased]
02. @c – Ninety-Nine (Remix for Mumdance) [unreleased]
03. Jefre Cantu-Ledesma – Untitled [unreleased]
04. Fis – Branch Light [unreleased]
05. Sculpture – Fabrication II [unreleased]
06. Sweet Exorcist – Testsix (Toneappella) [Warp]
07. Mite – Cemetery Seance [Embassy]
08. Logos – Glass [forthcoming Different Circles]
09. Pinch – Water Bomb [forthcoming Tectonic]
10. Untold – Doff (VIP) [unreleased]
11. Acre – No Signal [unreleased]
12. Mumdance & Logos – Hall Of Mirrors [forthcoming Tectonic]
13. Mumdance & Logos – In Reverse PIV [Keysound]
14. Mumdance & Logos – Cold [forthcoming Tectonic]
15. Helm – Outerzone [unreleased]
16. Wanda Group – Piano In The Corner Of The Room [unreleased]
17. Strict Face – Rushed [unreleased]
18. Mumdance, Logos & Rabit – Inside The Catacomb [Different Circles]
19. Inkke – Choong (Devil Mix) [unreleased]
20. Novelist x Mumdance – 1 Sec (FABRICLIVE VIP) [XL exclusive]
21. Mumdance feat. Riko – Take Time VIP [Rinse exclusive]
22. Eastwood & Oddz – Coalition [A.R.M.Y Bullet]
23. Jon E Cash – Kamikaze [Black Ops]
24. Bass Selective – Blow Out Part II [SOUR]
25. Fat Controller – In Complete Darkness [Uphoria]
26. Jimmy J & Cru-l-t – Six Days [Remix Records]
27. Ramos & Supreme – The Journey Part 1 [Hectic]
FABRICLIVE 80 will be released 16th March. You can pre-order it here. The launch party in fabric’s Room 2 will take place Friday 10th April, with Mumdance appearing alongside Pinch, Novelist, Riko Dan, Randall (90-92 Hardcore set), Logos and CJ Yaxley b2b Temple. Tickets for that can be bought here.