Brenmar, Kry Wolf, Cardopusher and Schlachthofbronx are on bass duties for volume 6 of the ‘Hard Ass Sessions’.
The ‘Hard Ass Sessions’, started in 2009 and inspired by the indefinable, eclectic African sound of Kuduro, first popularised by Buraka Som Sistema in 2006. The Sessions invite chosen artists and producers to create their own version a particular Kuduro track by using the piece’s original elements and adding their own unique style.
Out now on Portuguese label Enchufada Records, the ‘Hard Ass Sessions’ take it worldwide with sounds from New York-residing Brenmar, London duo Kry Wolf, Venezuelan Cardopusher and Munich’s Schlachthofbronx.
Preview Buraka’s J-Wow’s ‘Hard Ass Mix’, made entirely from tracks taken from the current and previous HA series below:
J-Wow ‘Hard Ass Mix’ Tracklist:
01. Nic sarno – Mana Wasa
02. Savage skulls and french fries – Marawa
03. Brenmar – Waiting on
04. Poirier – Vivendo Juntos
05. Kry wolf – Picadinho di Pedalina
06. Mele – Kanopa Riddim
07. Pacheko e pocz – Tuki Love / Marfox – Hard Ass Sessions Theme
08. Dubbel Dutch – Dead Pool / Bok Bok – Dance Report (trigzo bootleg)
09. Schlachthofbronx – Backup Run
10. Wildlife – Metazoa
11. Kingdom – Stadium Pass