Leo Thomson is East London’s Radar Radio go to man for visual design. His work has seen him create for the likes of L-Vis 1990, Red Bull Music Academy, Mute Events, Boy Better Know and most recently produce audiovisual shows for Tate Modern and Ikonika.
A creative of many talents, Leo also dons the decks, operating as MUNGO and pushing a weighty selection of club workouts made up from a wide spectrum of global influences. His monthly show on Radar has seen the likes of Mastermind, Akito, DJ Karoake, Eyka Kane and Ikonika come through, and was one of the first in the UK to showcase ‘FDM’, the Flex Dance Music scene of Brooklyn that’s making its way across the globe.
A key pioneer of FDM is Hitmakerchinx, or Chinx. Created specifically for dance battles, Chinx has toured the raw dancehall movement with Rihanna, performing on stage to his own edits of tracks like ‘Give It To Me’ and ‘Work’. He’s heavily pushed the sound via his own productions for many years now, but more recently found underground club attention with help from labels like Night Slugs and Fade To Mind.
Welcoming MUNGO and Chinx to our Hyp series, together they fire up a mix of twisted dancehall experiments with plenty of unreleased ammo in the arsenal. Check below.
2. Lean & Bop (MUNGO Edit)
3. Equiknoxx – Timebird
4. BB – Miracles
5. GRAVEYARD SHIFT X GRINDIN (GRÁN BLEND)
6. In That – P-Lo
7. Sittin’ Here Redux X Wakin Em Up (MUNGO BLEND)
9. E. Mak (ft. Big Zeeks) – Yo!
11. ??? (THE DANCE PIT X DEBIT)
12. Ecstasy (Henzo Slow Edit)
13. TAZ RIDDIM – TAZ FROM RADAR
14. Drake – Childs Play (LAVA DOME REBOUNCE)
15. DJC – CAPRICORN (2K’S ZALEEL LOOP) 
16. All Hands On Deck X Get Low (MUNGO BLEND)
19. The Potion (The Sultan Dembow Edit)
22. DMX KREW – Clash
25. Battery – Hitmakerchinx (ft. Rally Bop)