A web of glitched-out rhythms, superlative production techniques and his own take on classic electronica and dancefloor tectonics, our 69th Hyponik mix comes from a true talent, one third of Japan’s Diskotopia Records – BD1982.
The former New Jersey resident first came to our attention through Dev79 and Starkey’s own Seclusiasis imprint, having released the forthright ‘Shotta Pon Da Corner’ EP back in 2009. Following the formatin of Diskotopia with ex-pat producer A Taut Line, the Japanese bass labels debut compilation ‘Diskotopia Vol. 1′ was released in February, taking in tracks from a host of global bass artists, including Optimum, Visionist, Starkey and more.
BD1982′s Hyponik mix takes in a wealth of music, from the opening ‘Watch Her Peak’ collaboration from the Diskotopia heads, through music from Mau’lin, Dj Eastwood, Alex Coulton and beyond.
Stream below, or just click on the player to download.
01. BD1982 & A Taut Line – Watch Her Peak (Diskotopia)
02. Sweet Exorcist – Clonk (Freebass) (Warp Records)
03. Capleton & Blaine – Light Up Something (Golden Cartel)
04. Clapz II Dogz – Ripgroove (White Label)
05. Thefft – Gammy Crazy (Cut)
06. Mau’lin – Function Open (Jack Dixon Remix) (Diskotopia)
07. Lil Ugly Mane – Radiation (Lung Pollution) Instrumental (CDR)
08. James Mason – Nightgruv (Unreleased Longer Edit) (Rush Hour)
09. A Taut Line – Sanreizan (Diskotopia)
10. Mau’lin – Starbeast (Diskotopia)
11. Kon – Virtua (CDR)
12. DJ Eastwood – Mi Nah Ave No Name But Mi Heavy U Zee Mi (CDR)
13. BD1982 – Diamond Cut (CDR)
14. Five – There’s Something Different About U (Space Pod Pervert) (CDR)
15. James Arctic – Cold Looks (CDR)
16. BD1982 – Sunshine (Diskotopia)
17. Alex Coulton – Brooklyn (Idle Hands)
18. Savage – I Want It All (BD1982 Refix) (Diskotopia)